Thursday 5 May 2011

Bubbles Which Don't Always Go Pop

This past week something happened. The little bubble in which my little family resides wobbled. It wobbled about so violently, it threatened to pop. So I told myself we need to stay low and huddle together in the middle, and our bubble will stabilize; it would no longer wobble; it wouldn't pop. In our little bubble everyone huddled together, but the bubble continued to wobble. I didn't get it...I thought we were huddling together, doing what we could to keep our little world intact. I felt confused and disoriented, I felt as though I wasn't doing all I could to protect the little bubble in which my little family resides.
This past week I have had a feeling of discontent and uttered many grumbles. Its as though I have had the worlds troubles balanced squarely on my shoulders. Something did not feel right in my little bubble.
Then, after a monster grumble, I saw it...Mamma was so busy running around trying to please the people of her world and look after their every whim, that the bubble still wobbled. The bubble was never going to stabilize if Mamma didn't stay low and huddle with her family. Mamma had to be a part of the huddle.

And so this is my first blog post in a number of days. I have had a million and one things I have wanted to say, but this day, I knew I had to listen. To me.
I am one of those people who try and see the positives in anything. I can rationalize most things. I am great at giving advice and listening to others. I try to be perfectly polite as often as I can be. I also try to help as many people as humanly possible. I am generally a nice person which something I am proud of. I am also as tired as your average stay at home Mum. I get tired, I get lonely, I get bored. This happens rarely, but it does happen. Occasionally. And in a previous post, I wrote about how good we all have it. I stand by that. We do. But I think its also OK sometimes to say, 'You know what? I know I have the perfect life, but I'm fed up. I'm tired, I'm weary and I need a break.'
So wherever you are, whoever you are. Whatever you're doing or supposed to be doing whilst reading my latest post...just know that its OK to let it all hang out sometimes. It's OK to steal a few moments for your self, it's OK to say all is not well in your world sometimes and it's OK to know that although you may not be huddled with your family all of the time, your bubble will not pop.

16 comments:

  1. Hoping you are all in your little bubble safe and well x

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guard your bubble well. Family like yours is one in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, we are all doing great thank you. x
    Stasha, always. And thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know how that feels. But you articulated it beautifully.

    Stasha linked you up on lovelinks which I'm hosting this week, and I'm glad she did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It means alot. Stasha is firm in the number one spot for my top follower ;)
    And thank you Stasha, you are a sweetheart x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for recognizing that you have to take care of yourself too! I always think of the analogy of the oxygen mask on the airplane--you have to put yours on before you can help anyone else. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. It is okay to have some time to yourself, to say things are not okay, and to guard your bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are 100% correct! Those personal time outs, especially when all is not so well, are what keep me together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post...sometimes we moms forget that it's just as important to take care of US as it is to take care of everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just teared up reading this. You are so right, but sometimes it feels so ungrateful to complain, because I really do have it made. Thanks for helping me give myself permission to be "less than stellar" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen,sister! Well written...you brought me right into the middle of your turmoil and made me feel it too. :-)

    My own personal theory is, it's Mom's hair that makes a bubble wobble. When you start pulling it out, the world starts to shake. That means it's time to go to the day spa and get your hair back in place.

    Hang in there, and bravo to you for recognizing what was out of balance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for writing this. Reminds us moms to take a break sometimes from being the supermom, superwife and super everything for our family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always so important to take care of yourself or everything else falls apart. So well said!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautifully written and *such* an important reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes,creative way to describe this - it's so true - sit back and relax. :) Hope your days are better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you everyone from stopping by. Thank you also Stasha for nominating me. All of your comments mean so much. Keep checking in :) x

    ReplyDelete