Wednesday 20 April 2011

Same again?

Last night our little Logi-Bear was up with teething pains until 2am. When I say teething pains, I mean, all out squealing in pain. To say my heart broke a little more with every passing minute would be an understatement. My jiggling up and down, hushing and murmuring, stroking that soft blonde hair of his and praying for a break in his discomfort, almost became frantic. Mamma could not make baby better again. Daddy could not make baby better again. But having cried himself out of steam and an aggressive face rub with his burp rag (his doing, not mine), the little man fell asleep in my arms on the sofa. Having already resigned myself to a long night ahead, the Fiance-for-a-little-while-longer had made me a strong, sweet coffee. And having a great love for Latte...I was certain I'd last the night and be there to welcome the new day with a watery smile, content in the knowledge I'd sat by my baby and jumped at his every movement and snuffle. This lasted 20 minutes. Because, and I have no idea why, but that coffee...Knocked. Me. Out. So the Fiance-for-a-little-while-longer took a sleeping baby from my arms, deposited him into his cot and led me sleepily to bed. All was well with the world, and all in our home were sleeping like babies.
  After such a long night, one could be forgiven for laying the days plans aside and catching up with rest. No such luck. We had plans to visit a National Trust Park where there is a fabulous Manor House and an adventure park in the woods. We were meeting with friends, taking a picnic, and planned for the kids to run wild in the sunshine and woods. I now had a new worry...we had arranged to meet at 1130am. I was tired, wired (caffeine) and could see a to-do list growing at an alarming rate by the second. I'm also always late for everything. 6 people to get ready, an ever growing list and a tired/wired mum. There was only one way I was going to get through this...Delegation. In 3 hours the FFALWL and I managed to bathe/shower/dress all of us, made and packed the picnic, I baked biscuits (American style) for breakfast, washed the dishes, tidied the house, made the beds, sterilized/made up baby bottles and still had an hour to recover from the post-traumatic stress and give each other a high-five. We met as planned at 1130am. On. The. Dot.
So apart from our Logi-Bear struggling with his teeth, I can only hope for tomorrow...Same Again...?

3 comments:

  1. Hope your gorgeous boy is ok today. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better, thank you Sarah! So goof seeing you Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...Good*...blame the man! ;)

    ReplyDelete